This post may contain affiliate links. Learn what that means for me and for you.
How to Write 13 Travel Blog Posts from One Trip
Do you want to learn how to create lots of content from a single trip?
Here are 13 travel blog post ideas you can write about for every destination you visit!
As a travel blogger, it can be challenging to create content if you aren’t traveling all the time. But even if you only take a few trips per year, these ideas will help you never run out of blog posts!
How to Start a Travel Blog
If you haven’t started a travel blog yet, be sure to read this post for a step-by-step guide on how to do it: How to Start a Travel Blog for Beginners.
Or sign up for my FREE email challenge below to get your blog up and running in five days:
This will show you how to start a travel blog the right way so you can make money blogging!
Tips for Your Trip
While you’re traveling, here are some things you can do to make sure writing blog posts about your trip is an easy experience once you get home:
- Come up with blog post ideas beforehand so you know exactly what kind of content you need to gather while you’re actually traveling
- Take photos of EVERYTHING (you never know when a photo will be useful for a blog post)
- Document your trip thoroughly, whether you write in a travel journal each day or just jot down helpful notes on your phone as you go
The more prepared you are, the easier it will be to write blog posts when you get home!
The first blog post you can write about your trip is an itinerary guide!
Whether it’s a short weekend guide or a full one-week itinerary to your destination, write about what to do, where to stay, etc. in order to have the perfect trip.
You can actually get even more blog posts out of this one if you write itineraries of different lengths… or you can combine several itinerary ideas all into one blog post.
2. Ultimate Guide
Another idea is writing an ultimate guide to a destination.
This is exactly what it sounds like: a detailed blog post covering every aspect of a destination, including how to get there, where to stay, the best things to do, where to eat, what to pack, specific tips you picked up while you were there, and so on.
- The Complete Guide to Castle Combe, England
- Ultimate Guide to El Paredon, Guatemala
- The Complete Guide to Cinque Terre
3. Things to Do
What are the best activities and can’t-miss sights in your destination?
Write a “listicle” style blog post about all the best things to do when visiting a destination.
- 9 Awesome Things to Do in Antigua, Guatemala
- 11 Amazing Things to Do in Venice, Italy
- Top 10 Things to Do in Copenhagen, Denmark
4. Where to Eat
People are always looking for the best places to eat in a destination. If you tried a bunch of great restaurants and cafes on your trip, write about them!
You can also put a spin on this, like best vegetarian restaurants or a gluten-free dining guide.
5. Where to Stay
Another idea is writing a guide to the best places to stay in a destination.
You can actually get multiple blog posts out of this (for example, writing a guide to boutique hotels and then a guide to budget-friendly accommodations) or combine them all into one big guide for a destination. This is a great way to work in hotel affiliate links.
- Where to Stay in Cartagena, Colombia
- 18 Best Boutique Hotels in New York City
- Where to Stay in Copenhagen, Denmark
6. Packing Guide
Packing guides for a destination are super useful to travelers!
Especially if you choose an angle like focusing on commonly-forgotten items to pack, or what to pack for a specific season. This is another blog post idea where you can easily work in affiliate links from Amazon or other retailers to the travel gear you recommend to pack.
- What to Pack for Italy: 10 Essential Items
- The Essential New York Winter Packing List
- Disney Packing List: Don’t Forget These Items!
7. Travel Tips
I have picked up so many useful tips before visiting a destination by reading blog posts beforehand. Sometimes those tips are extremely useful and help me have a unique experience while traveling, or avoid making a common mistake in a destination!
You can compile all your best travel tips for a destination into one blog post.
- 10 Tips for Surviving Disney World in the Summer
- 40 Essential Guatemala Travel Tips
- 5 Essential Tips for New York at Christmas
8. What Not to Do
Along the same lines as above, you can write a blog post sharing specific tips about what NOT to do in a destination, or common travel mistakes to avoid.
These types of posts are always popular because people don’t want to make mistakes on their trip!
- What Not to Do in Italy: 10 Common Tourist Mistakes
- 9 Disney World Mistakes to Avoid
- 10 Common New York Tourist Mistakes to Avoid
Inspirational blog posts are a great way to influence other people to visit a destination!
This can be anything from a “listicle” type blog post about the best reasons to visit a destination, or a collection of stunning photos that show off the beauty of a destination.
- 9 Reasons You Need to Visit Cartagena, Colombia
- 10 Photos That Will Inspire You to Visit Havana, Cuba
10. How to Guide
Did you figure out how to do something on your trip that other travelers would be interested in?
This can be anything from how to get from one destination to another, how to take a day trip to a certain place, how to have a unique experience, etc.
- How to Take a Day Trip from Barcelona to Montserrat
- How to Visit the White House
- How to Take a Gondola Ride in Venice for Two Euros
11. Specific Places
Another ideas is writing a guide to specific places in a destination.
This could be literally anything such as museums, bookstores, street art, prettiest viewpoints, coffeeshops, and so on. Lots of options for this one!
- 8 Best Bookstores in NYC You Need to Visit
- The Best Winter Rooftop Bars in NYC
- 7 Best Cotswolds Villages You Need to Visit
12. Hotel Review
I don’t often write hotel reviews on my blog, but some bloggers find them to be lucrative (you can use a hotel affiliate link in your blog post.)
So if you loved where you stayed, write about it!
People are always looking for real, personal reviews from other travelers.
Is there a specific activity or experience you did on your trip? Write a detailed review of it! This can include pros and cons, helpful information, costs, etc. to help other travelers.
- Visiting a Cranberry Bog in Massachusetts
- What’s It Like to Study Spanish in Antigua, Guatemala?
- Disney After Hours Review: Is It Worth the Money?
More Travel Blogging Tips
These are 13 blog posts you can create from a single trip!
For more tips and ideas about travel blogging, check out the following blog posts…
- How to Start a Travel Blog for Beginners
- 50 Awesome Travel Blog Post Ideas
- 6 Best WordPress Themes for Travel Blogs
- How to Make Money with a Travel Blog
Good luck and happy blogging!