This post may contain affiliate links. Read my full disclosure policy here.
Inspiring Travel Blog Post Ideas
Recently I have been feeling a little bit of writer’s block when it comes to creating new posts for my blog. So I brainstormed some travel blog post ideas and figured I would share them with you here! Hopefully these travel blog post ideas will help inspire your next post too. 🙂
These travel blog post ideas are great for when you’re stuck at home and aren’t sure what to write about next on your travel blog!
Note: If you haven’t already started your travel blog, be sure to check out my step-by-step guide How to Start a Travel Blog to get everything set up in less than an hour!
Or sign up for my FREE five-day email challenge below to get your blog up and running in five days:
I use and highly recommend Bluehost for setting up your blog. They offer web hosting for just $3.95 a month along with a free domain name ($15+ value) and free set-up of your blog.
50 Travel Blog Post Ideas
- How to pack with just a carry-on suitcase
- Should you check your luggage or carry-on?
- Packing list for a certain destination
- Packing list for a round-the-world trip
- Your travel essentials
- How to survive a long-haul flight
- Tips for booking cheap flights
- Top 10 best beaches in the world
- Top 10 most underrated cities in the world
- How to save money for travel
- How to plan a round-the-world trip
- Top 10 day trips from your city
- Advice for solo travelers
- Advice for traveling with children
- How to plan a vacation on a budget
- Holiday gift guide for travelers
- Travel guide to your city
- Tips for surviving a road trip
- Top 10 destinations off the beaten path
- Top 10 destinations for budget travelers
- Your best travel hacks/travel secrets
- Unexpected travel expenses and how to avoid them
- Best travel credit cards
- Destination travel guide – what to do, where to stay, what to eat, etc.
- Best photo spots in your city
- What to do about cell phone service overseas
- Work abroad job ideas
- Top 10 destinations to visit this winter
- Top 10 destinations to visit this summer
- Travel mistakes to avoid
- What you have learned from travel
- Weekend itinerary to a certain destination
- Favorite travel apps
- Hair/beauty products you pack for travel
- How to stay healthy while traveling
- Top 10 foods you must try in a destination
- Best restaurants in your city
- How to travel as a vegetarian/vegan
- Ways to save money while traveling
- Hotels vs. hostels – which is best?
- Your funniest/most embarrassing travel moments
- Best places to take a road trip
- Tips for booking cheap accommodation
- The best free activities in your city
- Your travel bucket list
- Theme park vacation guide (Disney World, etc.)
- How to plan your first cruise
- Best destinations for families/couples/college students/etc.
- Your favorite books about travel
- Your favorite travel blogs
Happy blogging! Let me know in the comments if you use any of these travel blog post ideas on your own blog – I would love to read them!
How to Start a Travel Blog
Haven’t started a travel blog yet? Here’s a quick step-by-step guide on how to get started!
These are the exact steps I took to start Wander Her Way. You can follow this tutorial and have your own travel blog up and running in less than one hour!
Step 1: Choose a domain name
The first step to starting a travel blog is choosing a name for it. Your blog name will be the first impression that you have on people, so it’s important to pick a good one!
If you need some help coming up with a name for your blog, be sure to read this guide: Travel Blog Names: How to Choose One + Ideas.
To see if the name you want is available, you can use this free domain name checker tool:
Step 2: Get hosting
Once you have chosen a name for your travel blog, you will need to register it and get web hosting.
If you buy your domain name through an outside company, you can expect to pay $15 to $20 for it.
However, if you sign up for web hosting through Bluehost, you can get your domain name for free.
I highly recommend Bluehost for web hosting, and they are the company I (and many other bloggers) use. They have some of the cheapest hosting plans out there, while still having an extremely reliable service and great customer support.
Bluehost has been generous enough to offer readers of Wander Her Way web hosting starting at $3.95 a month (normally $7.99 a month) along with a free domain name.
Here are the detailed steps to set up web hosting with Bluehost:
1. Click the “Get Started” button
2. Select your hosting plan
Which plan to choose: I recommend the basic plan for new bloggers.
I’m personally on the plus plan, but that’s only because I run multiple blogs. Otherwise I would probably choose the basic plan!
3. Put in your domain name
This is where you’ll put in the domain name that you decided on earlier.
What if I haven’t decided on a name yet? If you haven’t decided on a domain name for your travel blog yet, wait a couple minutes and this offer will pop up on your page:
Select this option and you can go ahead and start setting your blog up, then use the free credit to buy your domain name later.
4. Create your account
5. Select your package and pay
Here’s where you’ll select your hosting plan. The 36-month plan is the best deal at $3.95 a month, but you can also pick a 12-month plan at $5.95 a month for an overall lower cost.
What about package extras? You have the options to add on extras like site backups or site security.
I personally don’t recommend any of these, because there are free WordPress plugins you can install that do the same thing (which I’ll cover in the next section of this guide.)
6. Congrats, you’re done!
Once you check out, you’ll be redirected to your Bluehost dashboard. This is where you can log in to your blog for the first time and start setting everything up.
Your blog will be run on the WordPress platform. Bluehost installs WordPress automatically for you, so you don’t have to do anything on your end.
Step 3: Designing your blog
Your blog will come with the default WordPress theme installed. You will definitely want to change this, which means it’s time to pick a theme for your blog!
When it comes to designing your blog, you have a couple of options options. You can hire a web designer, or you can install a theme on your own. I recommend installing a theme on your own because it’s MUCH cheaper and easier.
There are plenty of free themes out there, but I don’t recommend them because they look very plain, don’t have many customization options, and don’t include customer support.
A premium theme is a much better investment and will make your blog stand out from the crowd.
If you need help finding the perfect theme for your travel blog, make sure to check out my list of the 5 Best WordPress Themes for Travel Blogs.
Step 4: Install plugins
WordPress plugins add extra functionality to your blog. There are thousands of plugins out there, but the ones I recommend most for new bloggers are:
- Yoast SEO: Yoast helps you write blog posts that are SEO-friendly. SEO, or search engine optimization, is what gets your blog posts ranked in Google. Yoast will tell you exactly what you need to do for each blog post you write to improve your SEO.
- Akismet: This plug-in filters out spam comments on your blog.
- WordFence Security: Great security plug-in to protect your site.
- MonsterInsights: MonsterInsights lets you view analytics like page views and your most popular posts. You will need to install Google Analytics on your blog first.
- UpdraftPlus: This plug-in makes regular backups of your site so you never lose anything!
- Social Warfare: Add social sharing icons to your blog posts.
All of these plug-ins are 100% free to use.
Step 5: Start posting!
Now all that’s left is to start posting – and that’s where these travel blog post ideas will come in handy if you need some inspiration on what to write about. 🙂
How to Make Money with a Travel Blog
If you want to make money with your travel blog, I highly recommend joining Travel Blog Prosperity.
It’s a monthly membership for travel bloggers created by Jessie Festa from Jessie on a Journey.
Normally, the membership is $49/month, but when you sign up using the discount code WHW you will get your first month of Travel Blog Prosperity for just $9!
When you join the membership, you’ll get immediate access to the following:
- 30+ trainings and lessons for bloggers, with new ones added monthly
- Workbooks and checklists to go along with each lesson
- Twice monthly live group coaching calls with Jessie
- Weekly VIP Opportunities Newsletter with paid opportunities, press trips, and more!
- Private Member’s Lounge group where you can get your questions answered
And much more!
You can see everything offered inside the Travel Blog Prosperity membership right here.
And don’t forget to use the discount code WHW to get your first month for just $9! There’s no minimum monthly commitment and you can cancel at any time.
Other Travel Blogging Tips
This post is part of my ongoing series about travel blogging.
Be sure to check out these blog posts for more travel blogging tips and inspiration!
- Travel Blog Names: How to Choose One + Ideas
- How to Start a Travel Blog for Beginners
- How to Make Money with a Travel Blog
- 6 Best WordPress Themes for Travel Blogs
- Travel Blog Income Report Roundup
Save it to Pinterest: